Rugs and carpets are commonly used to enhance the beauty of any room. However, extra care is required to ensure that your rugs and carpets last for a long period of time. In addition to cleaning them on a regular basis, there are many other steps that can help to protect your prized possession, and one of these is padding.
Rug pads act as a shield for your carpet/rugs and are specifically designed depending on the type of flooring. A rug pad that is made for hardwood floors may not be suitable for any other type of floor.
There are a number of benefits associated with padding. Some of these are listed below:
- Extends carpet life: Invest in a good quality pad to be placed beneath your carpet or rug as this will extend the life of your carpet. Since a pad absorbs most of the pressure exerted on the carpet due to foot traffic, it slows down the wear and tear. This makes your carpet look new and shiny for very long.
- Adds comfort: Rug pads act as a cushion and make the walking surface softer and more comfortable. They aid in noise absorption and also prevent the carpet from bunching up.
- Allows efficient vacuuming: The pad placed beneath the carpet raises it off the floor thereby allowing for deeper vacuum cleaning. The air can easily reach into the deepest of carpet or rug fibers thereby making it easy to remove grime and dirt.
- Lessens damage caused by dirt particles: Not only does dirt make your carpet look unkempt but it also damages the carpet fibers gradually. The sharp edges of dirt particles continuously cause harm to the fibers of your carpet or rug every time you walk on them. Therefore, having a pad below the carpet will lessen the damage caused by dirt.
- Prevents slips and pulls: Padding is also an essential precautionary measure as it helps to keep the carpet or rug in place. This helps in protecting the elderly as well as children from falling because the carpet stays in one place.
- Protects wooden floors: Having a pad beneath carpets or rugs on wooden floors can prove to be a very good idea. It will act as a blocker and not allow any dye to transfer from your rug to the floor. Therefore, your wooden floor will stay safe from any kind of staining or scratching.
For professional carpet cleaning services in Houston, TX, consider BMF Carpet Cleaning. To request an estimate, you can call us at (713) 972 – 5501.