Carpet stains are almost inevitable. No matter what precautions you take to prevent your beautiful rugs and carpets from getting stained, it is not possible. You may spill coffee or at times your kid may accidentally drop his food, the reasons could be endless but all of them would spoil the lustrous appearance of your carpet.
Given below are some tips that can help to remove the nasty stains from your carpet and retain its shine for a longer period of time:
Dirt or mud spot removal
When it comes to removing dirt spots from the carpet, vinegar serves as a magical compound. It can be used in the following ways:
- To get rid of minor dirt spots, mix white vinegar with salt. Pour the solution over the spot, let it dry and then vacuum it. For darker stains, use the solution with borax and repeat the process.
- For tougher stains, make a paste by blending vinegar with cornstarch and rub it over the spot with the help of a dry cloth. Let it dry for at least two days and then vacuum.
Beverage stain removal
It is a very common to spill a drink on the carpet. Here are some hacks to remove them quickly and keep your rug clean:
- To remove a coffee stain from the carpet, pour some beer at the spot and gently rub it. You may need to repeat the process several times in order to remove the stain completely.
- Another method can be to combine vinegar with a dish soap. Use a spray bottle to spread the mixture over the stain. Leave it for 5-10 minutes, rinse the carpet and bloat it using a fresh dry towel.
- If you have accidentally spilled red wine over your white carpet, the best way to avoid stain would be to spill some white wine over it. Then use a towel to bloat the stain, sprinkle some salt and extract it using a vacuum cleaner.
Pet urine stain removal
This is a common problems that pet owners have to face. To ease your difficulty, here are some ways that can keep stain and odor off your rugs.
- Mix vinegar or white wine with warm water and spray it over the stain. Let it soak in for some minutes and then dry using a towel.
- Use a mixture of stain removing detergent and water. Let it soak and then rinse with warm water. Repeat the process if necessary.
Ink stain removal
- Pour some isopropyl alcohol over the stained area. You may also use other products that have high alcohol content like nail paint remover or a hair spray. Once the liquid is soaked in the carpet, use a vacuum cleaner to extract it along with the ink stain.
- Another way is to make a cornstarch and milk paste. Apply it over the stained area and let it dry for some hours. Scratch the solution out using a brush and you’ll see the stain fading away.
Blood stain removal
There may be certain instances when you have accidentally cut your finger that may lead to blood stain on your carpet. Here is an efficient method that may help you to get rid of the stain:
- Mix a dishwash soap with cold water and pour it over the blotch. Soak it for some minutes and then dry using a clean towel. Repeat the process if required.
Why hiring a professional carpet cleaning company a better choice?
Removing stains from the carpet is a really tedious and time consuming process. Professional carpet cleaning technicians have the right techniques and equipment to remove even the most stubborn stains as well as odors from your rug. Therefore, it is a wise decision to take help from the experts in order to save time and prolong the life of your carpet.
For complete carpet and rug cleaning services in Houston, TX, consider BMF Carpet Cleaning. You can call us at (713) 972 - 5501 to know more about our services.