Carpets enhance the beauty of a house and can be laid in the bedroom, living room, entertainment room or the hallway. They come in a variety of colors, materials, designs and sizes. However, proper care and maintenance is very important in order to enhance their durability. Each carpet comes with cleaning instructions, which must be followed to ensure that its condition is kept intact.
Here are some common mistakes that must be avoided while cleaning the carpet:
- Rubbing the carpet to get rid of stain: Although carpet stains should be removed as soon as possible, rubbing off can make them permanent and deteriorate the quality of the carpet. As vigorous rubbing results in torn fibers and faded color, you should place a wet piece of cloth over the stain until it absorbs the dirt. If it is a deep stain, you should consider hiring the services of a professional carpet cleaning company.
- Not hiring professional carpet cleaners: Sometimes people avoid getting the help of professionals in order to save money. However, it is important to know that many types of carpets cannot be cleaned with household items. Professional carpet cleaners are knowledgeable and experienced about carpets cleaning. They use the correct products on your carpet to free it from stains, dirt, pet furs, and hair and bad odor while, at the same time, increasing its longevity.
- Overdoing or over cleaning your carpet: While it is recommended that you get your carpet washed every once a while, frequent cleaning is quite likely to diminish its quality and durability. Based upon the type and material of your carpet, it might require different cleaning schedules.
- Selecting your carpet cleaner on the basis of equipment they own: Having good cleaning equipment is very essential to get effective results with your carpet. However, you must also make sure that the technicians are skilled to use the equipment. A professional carpet cleaning company trains its staff and you should always check if a recognized body certifies your carpet cleaner.
- Not checking cleaning solutions: These days, many companies have come up with a variety of cleaning products for carpets. Some of them can be harmful for the quality of the carpet. You should always read the label on the product carefully to check if it is compatible with your carpet. Products like bleach and other strong chemicals should be avoided as they can be harmful for the shine and strength of the carpet.
Keeping the above given things in mind will definitely help you in cleaning your carpet efficiently as well as sustain it for many years.