Pets are a source of additional foot traffic on your carpet and therefore you need to pay special attention to keep your carpets looking clean and fresh. Since pets are not aware of the fact that dirty paws will spoil the carpet, it is up to the homeowner to utilize certain measures to keep it from getting dirty. Below is a list of some important tips that can prove to be helpful:
- Vacuum your carpet regularly: The most important thing is to vacuum clean the carpet on a regular basis. Vacuuming at least three to four times a week is essential to remove pet hair and avoid the seeping of dust particles inside the fibers of the carpet. In addition, it is beneficial to vacuum the furniture and tiles as well to prevent the transfer of dirt from one surface to the other.
- Get professional help: Nothing can beat the expertise of a professional carpet cleaner. Regularly getting professional help will prolong the life of your carpet and it will shine like new even with pets in your home.
- House-train your pet: It is vital to start training your pet as soon as you bring it home. This will help in setting a specific routine and making him understand the cleanliness rules of the house. Also, you need to take out your dog after every couple of hours to allow him to empty his bladder. Proper pet behavior can help in saving your carpet from mess and dirt as well as keep it clean for a longer period of time.
- Clean pet urine: If your pet accidentally urinates on the carpet, immediately clean up the area by using a vacuum cleaner or a washcloth. Allow the towels to absorb the maximum liquid and afterwards use a stain remover to sanitize the spot. Next, rinse the area with clean water and vacuum again or leave it to dry. Do not saturate the carpet as this can cause even more damage. You can use baking soda to get rid of any odor that may be present in the carpet.
- Keep an emergency stain removal kit handy: When you have pets at home, soiling and messiness is bound to happen. So, in order to protect your carpet in case of an emergency, keep a stain removal kit handy at all times. After using the kit, you can call a professional carpet cleaner to thoroughly clean the carpet.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning, provide pet odor removal services in Houston, TX. For more information, you can call at (713) 972 – 5501.