Carpet cleaning is essential to maintain the look of your carpet and keep it free of any dirt particles. There are various methods to clean the stains and grime on the carpet but the two most popular ones are: dry cleaning and steam cleaning. Both the methods have their pros and cons, which have been discussed below:
- Procedure: The process of steam cleaning involves spraying detergent on your carpet using a machine. An alkaline detergent is used for synthetic carpets whereas an acidic one is used wool or natural fiber carpets. A vacuum cleaner is used to suck the detergent from the carpet rendering it clean and fresh.
- Longer waiting time after cleaning: In case of steam cleaning, the carpets need to be dried for at least 12 to 24 hours. If you opt for professional cleaning, the carpet will dry faster because the commercial grade steam cleaner used by experts is high powered.
- Thorough Cleaning: Ground-in stains such as pet and chemical stains can be easily cleaned by steam cleaning. It also helps to get rid of bugs, dust mites and fleas in the carpet.
- No harsh chemicals: As the technique requires only water and heat; no harsh chemicals are used that can be harmful for your family members or pets. Steam cleaning method does not pose any threat to the home environment.
- Procedure: In this procedure, dry chemical compounds or cleaning solvents are spread on the carpet and they break down the dirt and grime attached to the carpet. The process is not completely dry because it involves usage of small amount of moisture in the form of application solvents.
- Lesser waiting time: When carpets are dry cleaned, they can be used immediately. This means there is no drying time and this is a major advantage associated with this technique.
- Effective cleaning: Dry cleaning offers a more effective cleaning experience and the stains do not reappear soon. The carpet remains clean and fresh for a longer period of time because the chemical compounds extract the soil completely from the carpet.
- Harsh chemicals: The chemical compounds used in this process are harsh and can cause harm to the environment. Those sensitive to chemicals must avoid opting for this procedure.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning provide complete carpet cleaning solutions to the clients in Houston, TX. For a free estimate of our services, you can call at (713) 972 – 5501.