We all invest money in beautifying our home with good-looking furnishings and interiors. A very important part of the home décor is an attractive carpet. It can add a lot to the complete look of any home. However, you need to properly maintain it so that it lasts longer and contributes to a healthy indoor environment.
Given below are some valuable carpet protection tips that you can implement.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming your carpet regularly makes it look fresh and clean. You should properly vacuum clean your carpet at least three to four times a week. This will also prevent the appearance of lanes and worn out areas on the carpet.
- Professional cleaning: Depending on the amount of carpet usage in your home, it needs to be professionally cleaned from time to time. Your carpet is more prone to get dirty if you have kids or pets at home. Therefore, get in touch with a professional carpet cleaning company to get your carpet cleaned thoroughly.
- Clean any spill immediately: If anything gets spilled on the carpet, make sure you clean it immediately. Otherwise it may end up becoming a permanent stain and ruin the look of your carpet. You can make a simple spot remover in your home by mixing 1/4th teaspoon liquid detergent (without bleach) with one cup water.
- Don’t use harsh spotters: Always use a mild spot cleaner until and unless it is extremely necessary to use a harsh one. Also, you should not use spotters, shampoos or detergents excessively on your carpet. Overusing the detergent can leave behind deposits on the carpet that will be difficult to remove even with meticulous vacuuming later on.
- Avoid over wetting the carpet: The carpet detergents are made chemically active and therefore do not require too much wetting. Over-wetting your carpet can cause it to shrink and also lead to adhesion problems as well as mold growth.
- Opt for professional carpet cleaning: In order to make your carpets completely free from dust, it is advised that you seek the help of a professional carpet cleaning company. They have high power vacuum and specialized cleaning solutions to make user your carpets are completely cleaned without causing any damage to its fibers.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning, can help to keep your carpets clean and shiny. For more information about our carpet cleaning services, you can call us at (713) 972 – 5501 or visit 3880 Greenhouse Rd. Suite 1, Houston, Texas 77084.