Carpet cleaning can be a daunting task for homeowners. While regular vacuuming may seem to be sufficient, the carpets require thorough cleaning to remove the dirt and dust from its deeper layers. Pet dander, food spills and micro-organisms can easily get entrapped in the carpet fibers and reduce the indoor air quality of your home. However, as there are different types of carpets, no single cleaning method can prove to be efficient for each.
Here are some tips to clean different types of carpets:
- Wool Carpets: Made of natural fibers, wool rugs require extra care and special cleaning techniques to maintain their strength as well as shine. Dust, dirt and other wreckage can damage the carpet fibers over time. Therefore, it is important to regularly vacuum them and hire professional carpet cleaning services from time to time. Stains should be immediately cleaned up before they reach to the inner layers. A soft cloth or bloating paper should be used to absorb fluid spills. Do not scrub the carpet as it can damage or shrink the wool fibers.
- Nylon Carpets: Nylon carpets are quite versatile, stain resistant and have a very high tolerance to moisture absorbency. Though these carpets can be cleaned with most cleansers, those with a high alkaline content can reduce their ability to repel stains. Steam cleaning is the most effective method of removing dirt and grime from nylon carpets.
- Polyester Carpets: These carpets are relatively easy to clean due to their strong resistance against stains and fading. However, they must be regularly vacuumed, particularly if they are placed in high foot traffic areas. Spills should be carefully soaked without scrubbing or scraping the carpet.
- Berber Carpets: As Berber carpets are made of short and densely packed loops, they can hide foot marks and prevent dirt from settling into the fibers. However, if stains are not removed properly, they may become permanent and damage the look of your carpet. You should vacuum the carpet quite often to extract the dust trapped among the loops. However, it is essential to use the right vacuum to avoid flattening or pulling out the loops.
- Frieze Carpet: A frieze carpet may look clean but may have a huge amount of dirt concealed in its layers. It can easily absorb stains and dirt that may not get removed with vacuuming. Thorough dry or steam cleaning is recommended to maintain the shine of a frieze carpet.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning, provide complete cleaning services for all types of carpets. We have extensive experience in serving both residential and commercial properties in Houston, TX. For more information, you can call us at (713) 972 – 5501 or visit their office at 3880 Greenhouse Rd. Suite 1, Houston, Texas 77084.