Despite the utmost care and attention you give to keep your carpets stain free, they are bound to accumulate dirt and dust over time. Regular vacuuming is an effective cleaning method, but extracting dust from the deeper carpet fibers requires a lot more than that. Hiring professional cleaning services at frequent intervals is necessary to maintain the strength and shine of your carpets.
Here are some effective tips for residential carpet cleaning:
- Soak Up Stains: Carpet stains should never be scrubbed or brushed as it may cause them to spread. It may also weaken the fibers and shorten the life of the carpet. A stain that is not removed correctly may reappear on the surface at a later time. Therefore, you should use a clean white absorbent cloth or a blotting paper to soak up the spill and use a mild cleaning solution to eliminate the stain.
- Vacuum Regularly: In order to protect your carpets from damage, you should regularly vacuum the high foot traffic areas. This will prevent the dust from settling deep into the carpet fibers and avoid the growth of mold and allergens. Vacuum slowly and repeatedly to get rid of as much dirt as possible without causing any harm to the carpet fibers.
- Remove Or Elevate Furniture: Move your furniture occasionally to avoid dents in the carpet. If the furniture is too heavy to move, you can put wood blocks or aluminum foil square under its legs to prevent any carpet stains due to rust and paint.
- Do Not Over Wet The Carpet: Many people tend to over wet the carpet while cleaning it. Regular vacuums do not have enough power to extract the moisture and dry out the carpets completely. Therefore, make sure you use the right amount of water and the mildest cleaning solution for your carpet.
- Check For Colorfastness: Before initiating the cleaning process, always check your carpet for colorfastness. To do this, place a white towel moistened with a cleaning agent on a discreet patch of the carpet and check if it picks up any color. If not, the cleaning solution can be safely used on the carpet.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning, provide complete residential carpet cleaning services in Houston, TX. We use advanced techniques and cleaning equipment to restore the shine of your carpet. For more information, call us at (713) 972 – 5501 or visit our office at 3880 Greenhouse Rd. Suite 1, Houston, Texas 77084.