Clean carpets not only add good visual appeal to the house but also improve its hygienic standards. Carpets tend to accumulate a lot of dust and debris due to everyday usage. Thus, you should spare enough time in cleaning and maintaining the carpets.
Below are some tips which can help you keep your carpet look new and tidy:
- Deep Clean Regularly: Frequent vacuuming can help in removal of small dust particles. Deep cleaning the carpet regularly can also prevent the accumulation of such surface fragments. Special attention should be given to the corners.
- Blotting: Rubbing the carpet too hard can damage the fibers of the carpet. Instead, blotting should be done as it puts a small amount of pressure on the stain to soak it up. It is an efficient way to remove stains without breakdown of the fibers.
- Avoid overusing carpet powder products: Overusing these products can leave traces of powder residue in the carpet, which may become difficult to clean. In order to provide a new look to the carpet, avoid excessive use of such products.
- Clean your furniture regularly: The furniture should be cleaned regularly so as to prevent the accumulation of dust particles. The corners should be thoroughly cleaned as these are the places where maximum dirt is found.
- Using welcome mats and rugs: Rugs or welcome mats can be used at inside and outside of all entry doors so as to prevent dust from entering the house. The area underneath the rugs should be kept clean to eliminate any loose debris. Using area rugs at high traffic points can be beneficial in reducing the amount of dirt.
- Use stain-resistant carpets: When purchasing carpets or area rugs, it is recommended to opt for stain resistant and durable carpets particularly, if you have kids in the house. Since these carpets have low liquid absorption quality and a layer of stain-resistant coating, they can withstand spills as well as stains.
Different types of carpets require different cleaning methods. Hence it is recommended to hire a professional carpet cleaning company in order to keep your carpets last longer.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning, provide comprehensive services to both commercial and residential properties across Houston, TX. For more information, call us at (713) 972 – 5501 or visit our office at 3880 Greenhouse Rd. Suite 1, Houston, Texas 77084.