A carpet can significantly add to the appeal and décor of a room. It is a good investment and if properly maintained can last a lifetime. However with regular wear and tear, spilling of food or drinks and timely degradation carpets can lose their shine and durability. Thus, it is essential to repair and maintain the carpet regularly.
Here are some basic tips that can help in proper maintenance of your carpet:
- Use good quality padding: Padding is the most important part of a carpet as it absorbs all of the impact of rough usage and acts as its foundation. It protects the carpet from moisture damage by creating an insulated layer between the carpet and the floor.
- Use mats and carpet runners: Use rough mats on the entryways to prevent dirt and debris from entering the house. Matting should be placed outside the kitchen to prevent food particles from getting tracked to the carpet area. You could also use carpet runners on the high traffic areas of your carpet to prevent its fibers from excessive use and damage.
- Vacuum regularly: Vacuuming your carpet regularly will help remove all the dry dust particles from the carpet. It also prevents impurities from settling deeper into the carpet and helps maintain its quality.
- Prevent shoes: Shoes can bring dirt and impurities into the carpet area and can harm the fibers of your carpet. They can also leave stains on the carpet, which may be hard to remove. You can keep a basket of house slippers beside your door for the guests to prevent the entry of shoes into your house.
- Remove stains promptly: Liquid stains should be removed promptly in order to preserve the appearance of the carpet. Blot the stain with a white towel instead of scrubbing and rubbing to prevent the dullness of fibers.
- Rotate furniture: Changing the settings and the positions of the furniture can help in preventing pile crushing and can change the traffic areas around the room. This gives the highly used areas of the carpet a rest and helps in increasing its durability.
- Reduce direct contact with sunlight: Prolonged periods of direct contact with sunlight can fade the fibers of the carpet.
We, at BMF Carpet Cleaning can help you in maintaining the quality and appearance of your carpet. We use state-of-the-art techniques to remove the settled dirt in your carpets. To know more about our services, call at (713) 972-5501.